You might think that my biggest accomplishment of the week was parent-teacher conferences. Or being a dominoes co-champion with a fellow Laura.
Don’t get me wrong – I love MN, I love winter, and I love snow. But I hate January. It is my least favorite month, and I cannot think of anything good about it. And I’m ready to be done with winter. Especially because I had an extra week of winter in August when I traveled south of the equator. What was I thinking?
Purchasing plane tickets was a big accomplishment. It was no easy task. It was touch and go for a while. For a while it seemed that my friends would be going and I would not. Which was tricky since without me they have no place to stay. Eventually we got it sorted out. The stress of it all only caused me to cry a tiny bit out of my left eye.
I will be birthday-ing in Florida this year, and it is time to prepare.*
Here are some things on my to-do list.
- Go to Twins fest and get to know some of the players so we can set up some times to hang out while we are all in Florida.
- Create paper dolls of the Twins players** so that I will be more likely to recognize them in various potential street clothes. No one wants a repeat of the Chicago incident of ’07, when I didn’t see Cuddyer at Wicked with us. Embarrassing.
- Review elements of nature I may have forgotten since the snow fell upon us here in the tundra. This includes, but is not limited to: sun, breeze, ocean, sand, warmth, and pool. Pool is not nature. But it is essential to the Florida experience.
- Prepare my presidential report for President’s Day.
- Pick a president to report on for President’s Day.
- Research if there are any Caribous in Florida to get my free coffee drink on my birthday.
- Get a few small dogs.
- Get a stroller for said dogs. This is the only way to fit in at the Florida outlet mall.
- Create a townhouse paper chain to count down the days until vacation.
- Remind the Bible study ladies that we will be meeting on Valentine’s Day, but not on President’s Day. Because like I told them last week: we care more about Presidents than about love.
I’m sure I’m forgetting a few things on my list, but it is good to have somewhere to start.
* I like to pretend that I am fancy and go to Florida for my birthday. This is a lie. I just happen to have a birthday that falls near a three day weekend. And I am a teacher. Thus, I don’t have to work on days like President’s Day.
** I am not actually a creepy stalker. I do like the Twins, but there is a line, and for the most part, I do not cross it.
*** Here is photographic evidence supplied by my sister in reference to the Cuddyer incident of ’07.