Let’s see how much you know about traditions and celebrations around the world. Do you know more than my kindergartners?
What is the history of Santa Lucia Day?
- About Saint Lucia Day, she be nice and helpful to everybody. They celebrate her, they have some food and that’s all.
- Saint Lucia give cookies to her friends and family on her day. I know she prays and everybody else didn’t like the way she prays.
- At Saint Lucia Day, she brings cookies for everyone. She is nice and other people don’t like her.
What do you know about Martin Luther King?
- He don’t like it when I sag my pants.
- Martin Luther King made everything fair.
Why do we celebrate our parents?
- I never knew we had Mother’s Day. It is to celebrate your mom – how much she loves. you.
- Father’s Day. I know everybody comes over. It’s a good celebration. You might get to play. You celebrate because your dad is fun to have around.
- When it is Mother’s Day you give your mom presents.
How do people participate in Children’s Day in Japan?
- I think they just eat a lot of ramen noodles.
- They celebrate in Africa.
- They celebrate in Hanukkah.
- On Children’s Day they hang the fish up because they want kids to be nice and strong.
- At Children’s Day they wear Kimonos.
- Fish kites is for Children’s Day so they can be strong and brave.
- It’s Children’s Day wtih fish kites. It’s really fun and you get to play games. You get to wear cool clothes. Because there is a Mother’s Day and a Father’s Day and the children would feel left out if they didn’t get a day.
What happens at a Chinese New Year celebration?
- They put out dragons to celebrate.
Which of the following statements is true about Christmas?
- Santa has to do his job so kids don’t cry
- Christmas. I like Christmas. I like myself.
- I learned about Christmas how you open presents. You sing songs and play.
- Christmas. There’s an American flag, and all that stuff.