1) The worship band was playing in the sanctuary which is located directly above my Sunday School room. A little 5 yr old girl who’s family was visiting said: “When will the music stop? The bass is so loud!”
2) Me saying “I had a birthday this week and am now very old.” A little girl replies “Are you going to need a cane soon?”
3) Children are playing charades acting out ways they can be a helper. One child guesses: “Did you make a hole in the wall and now you are fixing it because you weren’t supposed to make a whole and your mom isn’t very happy?”
Unrelated to Sunday school, but related to real school – I realized I have a student who is most definitely named after (with a slight variation) Celine Dion. This made me very happy.
This past week was not my favorite. I probably cried more than I have in months. Too much stress and feeling a bit overwhelmed by life, and a smidge of sadness. But I am making it through.
Here are some moments that helped me survive.
- Donkey Basketball: my most favorite fundraiser ever!
Yep - real donkeys!
Yes, I don’t think it gets much better than that.
- Other things that have been bringing me joy are my new camera! We took the kids to the Children’s Museum and I wish so badly I could post on here the photos I took of my kids. I had so much fun trying out my new camera and got some AMAZING pictures of my students.
- Quotes like: “You smell good!” (always love that one) and “Zacchaeus was a midget” (definitely did not know how to respond to that!)
- The Glee Soundtrack
- Dreaming of Florida Vacation
- Dodgy Dinners at church with my friends before Bible study.
- Really great commercials (get a tissue before you watch it – this is the most beautiful commercial I have ever seen)