Alright friends, family, strangers…
I’m looking for some summer reading recommendations. I’ll be spending many hours in airplanes traveling this summer and like to read a bit to wind down before going to sleep (and imagine that will be the same whether I am here or in Africa).
I’ll tell you some of my favs of late to give you some inspiration🙂
Young Adult Lit
- Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay
- Divergent & Insurgent
- Matched and Crossed (Crossed is better, but you have to read Matched first)
- On my travel purchase list: Delirium & Pandemonium
Mysteries & Action (listed by authors I enjoy) (I don’t like mysteries that will completely give me nightmares, but enjoy some clever crime solving)
- Vince Flynn (my new addiction – thanks Ashley! Reading these books is basically like watching 24. I have intentionally been pacing myself so that I can read lots of them this summer)
- Rhys Bowen (light fluffy mysteries with a fun historical flair)
- David Housewright
- David Rosenfelt
- Harlan Coben
- The Help
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society
Funny and Entertaining Books
- Tiney Fey’s Bossypants
- Mindy Kaling’s Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?
Chick Lit (I enjoy a good fluffy beach read, but some authors are a little too much for me in the ridiculous cheesy factor. So I like chick lit but with discretion)
- Emily Giffin
- Sophie Kinsella (the shopaholic weren’t my most favorite, but her other books are pretty decent!)
Overly Dramatic (these I can only read in moderation)
- Kristin Hannah
- Jodi Picoult
- Nicholas Sparks
- Karen Kingsbury
So, there you have it: some authors I know and love or like.
Now I need some new material. What books or authors would you recommend?