“Miss K, I have a secret!”
whispers in my ear: “It is spring!”
I thought about telling him in response that I had a secret too: technically it isn’t spring yet. But between this amazing weather in Minnesota and the fact that we just got back to school from something called Spring Break I could see where the confusion came from.
Speaking of spring break, it was great! Thanks for asking.
Here are some highlights:
- cleaning my room
- doing my taxes
- re-reading the Hunger Games
- seeing The Vow. Although I was disappointed in myself for my lack of tears. Are you made of stone, Laura??
- going to the zoo. (A special thanks to Rachel and 3M for bringing penguins to the zoo. I can only assume that since she works for 3M, she played a big role in that exhibit.) (I’d also like to ask why anyone would name a Tiger who doesn’t have a tail, Whirl. We decided that was just kind of mean. Brooke suggested Nubby as a better name. I think it is absolutely more fitting.) (Also, did they get rid of the wolves after they got out last year? I have heard conflicting rumors on this topic)
- walking around the lake
- getting FroYo
- sitting out in the sunshine looking at magazines
- playing with blocks with an awesome four year old
- chuck e cheese (yes, the kindergartners were all jealous)
- sister day (I have been receiving threatening emails because I have not updated you on what we did. Update coming soon, I promise. Like maybe tomorrow. (threatening might be a bit of an exaggeration)).
- shopping with my mom
- getting a super generous graduation gift from my parents (I didn’t know there were gifts involved in finishing grad school. Now that I realize this, I am contemplating going back for more degrees!)
- that is a lie. Even sweet gifts couldn’t convince me to go back for more.
- David and Lindsey’s wedding
- Lindsey and David’s wedding
- (being at a good friend’s wedding is totally worth two bullet points. Even if it is just one event)
- Jill’s baby shower
- sleeping in
- Sunshine. How did I not mention sunshine until the end of the list?! I seriously cannot believe how nice the weather has been. I would say there is a definitely possibility I got more than one freckle this week.
Wow, looking at that list, I’m surprised I found the will to go back to work today! Those children are so lucky.