My fav shows of the fall:
- Modern Family (seriously – SO hilarious. If you are not on the Modern Family train, you are missing out big time)
- Community (Ok, I might not actually watch it promptly, but I do watch it
- Parks & Rec (I was a skeptic after that first season train wreck, but this summer I was convinced to give it another go – and season 2 and onward is HILARIOUS)
- I want to like New Girl, because Zooey D is awesome, but I’m struggling.
- Pan Am – combines 3 of my favorite things: travelling, that which is vintage, and espionage. What is not to love?
- Up All Night – Christina Applegate and Will Arnett. After the first episode, I wanted to like it, but wasn’t sure. But Christina and Will are hilarious, so it has pulled itself together. And there was a slow clap this week. I am in.
I watch these all on Hulu. I can’t be bothered to watch TV without the aid of my roommate. I don’t actually know what channel any of these shows are on. And knowing the network doesn’t help me. I need a little guide like they give you at hotels for what channel you can find each network on. It is a good thing Hulu has my back. And by “I watch all of these on Hulu” I mean “I watch Modern Family on Hulu and then sometimes remember to watch the others as well”. I am not exactly a diehard TV viewer. But sometimes I try.
- Mumford and Sons – always amazing. Regardless of the time of year, but especially in the fall.
- Farewell Milwaukee – I’d like Molly to take this group’s name to heart, but until that happens, I will listen to their music and enjoy it. You should too.
- Benjamin Francis Leftwich – I first listened to his music approximately 11 minutes ago and decided I must immediately tell you about it. It is that good. Benny lives next door to Bon Iver. Not literally, but in the sense that their music is from the same neighborhood.
Speaking of Bon Iver – check it out – Tiffany is using his old Scattergories sheet for our game! That is the bonus of hanging out at his cousin’s house I guess.
- I think it is time to make my fall mix for the car. I will be researching my favorite SYTYCD songs for it. When I perused their song choices this summer I decided to hold off on making my annual mix until fall, because the songs I loved were too melancholy for summer.
- Soon enough though, I can just break out the Amy Grant Christmas CDs. Classic.
And my final (and most important) recommendation for the day is these Trader Joe’s pumpkin pancakes. So delicious. Please go eat some right now. I loved it so much. It was my first good experience in the kitchen in years. Or at least in two weeks. More on that later. But seriously, go hit up Trader Joe’s for some fall goodness. You will regret it if you don’t. I guarantee it.Oh, and I almost forgot. Final recommendation for real this time. In the realm of movies, I would totally recommend Moneyball to you. I had plans to see it with a group of people this week, and then I accidentally saw it over the weekend. Oops! 🙂 It was really good! And about baseball. And there is even a scene when the Twins win, so that brought back some happy, and distant memories. I was hoping it would fill me up with hope for our 2012 season, but it did not. I did get to see it with my friend Sky and all of our senior citizen friends though, so that was special. The film makes some good use of silence, and at one point I was eating an apple and felt my apple crunching was a bit excessively loud. Then I decided none of the elderly could hear it anyway, so it was fine. The end.