Today was such a special day. I can’t decide if it was good special or bad special. So we will just stick with special.
- We found this in one kid’s folder. I’m considering changing the spelling of my name to one of these. Maybe people will be able to pronounce it a little easier…
- Several children now have secret handshakes they try and do with me regularly. I am not sure why.
- One kid told my EA that she smells like cookies and he is going to eat her. After this, he began singing our Gingerbread song.
- The class said, “Should he go to the nurse?” and I thought to myself “why would we send him to the nurse?” I looked his direction and he looked fine. Then he threw up all over. How did the other kids know this was going to happen??
- We had a bathroom/Spanish related “situation” that involved a crying student, myself, a translator, the nurse coming running down the hall with gloved hands stretched out in front her saying “Nurse M to the rescue!!”
- During a reading lesson today, a little boy breaks out into song: “Hit me with your best shot…”
- I asked, “Do you have any other questions?” Little boy with curly hair raises his hand. I call on him. He says emphatically, “I love you!”
- I had a couple of former students stop by with some pictures for me. They are in first grade now. The inside of a card was amazing. It warms my heart.
Question: did her first grade teacher read what this little girl wrote? And is she crying in her classroom right now? 😉
I hope that your day has been equally as exciting, perhaps with a little less of the bodily fluids.