I have decided to share some of favorite things of 2010. This is partially because it is a new year, and partially because it is the name of my blog. I will try to avoid including things such as raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens, and brown paper packages tied up with string, and try to focus more on the things that pertain to 2010.
Some Favorite Movies:
1. Inception – it took many tries to see this movie – including issues such as movies being sold out, a new friend buying her ticket and going in before we arrived and then us not being able to get tickets anymore and so she was forced to watch it alone (but clearly with a lot of others around her). Third times a charm though – it was worth the wait. And worth the confusion in my mind.
2. Toy Story 3 (the Canadian version) I laughed. I cried. I gasped in alarm. It was phenomenal.
3. Life as We Know It I did not anticipate the sad, yet uplifting feelings the first time I saw it. I didn’t anticipate it being so good that it would mess with my emotions.
4. Easy A * this one I considered not including, but in the end I couldn’t say no.
Some favorite music:
2. Taylor Swift
3. Tim’s random holiday mixes (ex. labor day mix – still waiting on the Columbus day mix)
Top Favorite Moment:
1. My little brother getting married
Favorite Canadian Moments:
1. Canada Day
Top Argentine Moments:
1. Amber trying to shake someone’s hand and the situation spiraling into awkwardness
3. Being mistaken as locals. Frequently
4. Eating the world’s best ice cream
Favorite TV shows
1. Modern Family
2. So You Think You Can Dance
Favorite Twins Moments
2. Sitting in the rain delay for an hour with my sister
3. My first visit to Target Field with my family
4. Leaving work to go to a day game with David
5. And pretty much every other moment at Target Field, except my last moments when we walked away in defeat.
Favorite Christmas Moments
1. Giving my dad his Christmas present!
2. A Christmas Carol at the Guthrie
3. Favorite projected moment: someday when I watch It’s A Wonderful Life
Favorite Baked Items
1. Oreo Cupcakes for Rachel’s Birthday
2. Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes for Jesus’ Birthday
3. Raspberry Cheesecake Bites for the New Year
4. Cupcake Bites for Rachel’s shower
Favorite Baking Day
1. Homemade oreos with Jill, Brooke, and Rachel. Both the cookies and the friends are the best.
Favorite Kindergarten Quote
“Move over! I need room for my imagination!!”
Favorite Birthday Party
Going to the Park at MOA for free – if you are interested in sponsoring my birthday party this year, just let me know 🙂
Favorite Grad School Assignment
The ones that involved me going to eat dinner at interview my friend Jill and her family, my grandparents, and my dad. Free dinner, insightful times with people I love – and I got an A, too.
2. Sophie and Noah and Fiona
Kindergartners telling me that if I want to get married I should drive to a place where there are lots of people, and look for a man who is walking, not holding a girl’s hand. I should smile at him, and if he smiles back, I can marry him.
Favorite Picture Taken
**Disclaimer: I couldn’t be bothered to check and see if I was linking back to the correct old post for some of those, so if you click on something completely unrelated, it is because I did not proofread my work**