Lately I have really been an all-star. At least in the eyes of young children.
I have impressed children with my…
- Art supplies (“Wow, I didn’t know you had real feathers!” ”Yep, I’m full of surprises.” ”Do you have real trains in there?” ”Um, what? no…”)
- Acting abilities (“Miss K, I thought that you were really crying in that play.” Unspoken response: Little do you know, kids, but my incredible acting skills are on display almost every day in this classroom.)
- Skill at tearing off sheets of butcher paper. (A fifth grader asked if I needed help. I graciously declined. They stayed to ooh and ahh over my form and ease at tearing it off the roll)
- Clothing+accessory combos. (“Wow! You actually match today!” – I’m not gonna lie, the shock in her tone was a little insulting…;) )
- General, all around awesomeness. (“You are the best teacher I have ever had” after teaching them to weave paper to make placemats for the Senior Citizens Luncheon. mmm – pretty sure I’m the only teacher you’ve ever had. But i’ll take it!)