Dear Future Laura,
Here are some things you will want to remember if you wish to survive until Wednesday at 3:00pm.
1) The children won’t be learning this week.
2) The children will not listen this week.
3) The children will be loud this week.
4) Your usual “disguise the learning as fun” tactics may not be sufficient.
5) Your student summed it up nicely when the speaker complimented the class on their behavior and the little girl interrupted to say, “Yeah, but we aren’t always this good!”
Best of luck. I’m sure you will be fine. But if you aren’t, I’m sure it’s nothing a few (dozen) Christmas cookies can’t solve.